Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Trip to India & Nepal- Patan Part 2

A bell at the top of one building.
Closeup of some of the beautiful carving.

The square is busy with tourists and locals during the day. It used to be free and now all the Squares charge at least $3 and Bhaktapur charges $10. They use the money for upkeep which has to be expensive.

And, of course, there are lots of vendors at the edge of the square.



A local woman going about her days activities.



Time for a bit of cleaning. I have never quite understood the brooms which you have to bend over to use.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home