Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Trip to India March-April 2010 - Travels around Puri


On my second day in Puri I hired a car and driver for the day to take me to a few towns in the area.  His first stop was a huge  stone carving shop near the town.


It was really nice to have a driver stop with you at a "real" workshop...not just one set up with "fake" workmen for tourists.


There was a little shop with items for sale but absolutely no pressure to purchase anything.


I was told that the statues were made for temples and private homes.  Our next stop was a nearby fishing village on the beach.


There were lots of people on the shoreline but no one in the water.  Lots of shops selling seashell items...obviously from somewhere else.  I didn't see one shell anywhere on the shoreline.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home