Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Trip to Thailand, Laos & Bali - Bangkok

In Bangkok I settled into a different hotel on the street where I usually stay. I had to change hotels as my usual one didn't answer my email reconfirming my reservation. That hotel now has a street cafe. The street has more and more street tables every year.
I booked a large room with a balcony right on the street. There was a 7-11 right in the building. How handy is that.
Okay. Okay.....I know you have been waiting for the banana split photo. I found several restaurants which had them on my travels but decided a real banana split needs to be made in a real ice cream shop so I held out for my usual Swensens in Bangkok. It was worth the wait.

In the evening the streets fill with food vendors.

In front of my hotel you can see the tables for tonight folded up on the right.

And later you can see the people dining right smack in the road with cars going by.
A rolls royce in the hotel lobby of an upscale hotel on Khao San Road...right next to McDonald's.
The "scene" on Khao San Road. Its always interesting but gets a little old after two or three evenings.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home