Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Vegetable Man Quilt

I am just finishing work on what I am calling "The Vegetable Man" Quilt. He is made from a gorgeous hand embroidery which I purchased in Hanoi, Vietnam a few years ago. I have purchased hundreds of these over the past ten years to sell or keep and have never found another one quite as wonderful as this one. I tried to keep the quilt simple by adding a seminole strip and some half squares and adding a border. I figured the embroidery made enough of a statement. If you click on the photo of the quilt you can see more detail.
The original painting...of Rudolph II, Holy Roman Emperor, King of Bohemia, King of Hungary and Archduke of Austria was painted by Guiseppe Arcimboldo in 1591 and called "Vertumnus, God of the Seasons.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home