Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Another Fabulous Weekend at Casowasco


Last weekend I spent a wonderful 2 1/2 days at the Casowasco Retreat near Auburn with some Tompkins County Quilt Guild members. This quilt was made by Maureen from Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

The room begins to fill up. There were long cutting tables in the middle, another in the alcove and irons all around the room. A great space in which to workl
Quilts began to appear on the walls. This was one of Cathy's.
Maureen played with these squares on and off all weekend.
The first night is a dish to pass. Desserts begin to appear on the buffet table. It is always a wonderful feast. In addition there is a snack table with enough snacks for a at least a week.



Pat discusses her fabric choices with Sally.

I worked on making a wall hanging out of this beautiful hand embroidered piece from Vietnam. At this point I decided to just add a black border and call it done.
The view from the windows in the sewing room. The weather oblidged with very little rain.
More quilts appear on the walls. Too frequently for me to try and pick up the makers names.

Pat was trying to finish some samples for an upcoming class at Patricia's in Rochester.
She kept begging for snips of fabric from my stash. This is what she considered to be a "snip".
I only saw two Halloween quilts all weekend.

Pat's leaves begin to take shape
And I begin "interviewing" fabric and bits for a jacket.
Isn't this fish a beauty?
Ruth White was making this beauty for someone who helped with the Quilt Show.
A 50th birthday party.

Cathy hung her Ruth McDowell piece over Maureen's blocks in progress.


The jacket begins to take shape.
Pat's leaves.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathi said...

Looks like you had a creatively productive weekend. I would love to have a weekend like that!
Can't wait to see your jacket.

November 2, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home