Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Chichicastenango Part Three

The women are beginning to set up the flower stalls on the Church of Santo Tomas. I usually "splash out" and eat at least one meal at the beautiful Hotel Santo Tomas. I would love to stay here but it is always booked out with tour groups before market. The rooms and gardens and passageways are beautifully decorated. The main dining room. On market days they also set up tables in the courtyard.

I usually opt for pancakes. With fresh fruit, fruit juice and tea it fills me up for a busy market day. They always also give me a basket of toast. I have no idea how anyone could eat that much.



There are huge vases of fresh cala lillies in the courtyard.


The parrots who usually inhabit the perches weren't around.


The view of the courtyards from the entrance.

A beautiful plaque by the front door.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home