Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Annual Jazz and Wine Fest, Wolcott, N.Y.

 The first weekend in August means its time for the annual Wine and Jazz Festival.  The police must not have been worried about interlopers due to the heat and were probably in their office beside the park.  A small firetruck and ambulance awaited any problems.
 Main street was decked out as usual with tents for the wine tasting from local wineries.  Attendance might have been down due to the unusual 94 degree heat today.
 Over in the park by the purple balloons vendors were selling crafts and food.
 The brownie sundaes weren't enough to entice me.
 There was a nice little crowd sitting under the trees listening to the Finger Lakes Jazz Orchestra.
 A few vendors were doing a little business.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home