Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Quilting by the Lake 2012

 The two weeks at Quilting by the Lake are over.  I took two classes with the wonderful Philippa Naylor...one week of techniques and studio the second week.  I have been really annoyed the last couple of years about the ban on photo taking.  The second week during studio I started a small quilt using Judy Robertson's gorgeous hand dyed sateen.  It wasn't big enough so  here I was auditioning a couple of other fabrics to add. 
The circles all moved during the transit home and need re'adjusting.  The colors don't photograph all that well and the fabric has a nice sheen which is also lost in the photo.   My main problem now is finding the appropriate fabric for the figures.  Otherwise I like it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nina Marie said...

Ohhh I'm wondering where this is going to go - will keep an eye out. I love the colors and movement so far! I too am a bit annoyed that the QBL facebook could take pictures of the show - but we couldn't - sighhh!

August 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home