Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Trip to Guatemala Part 3- Parade in Panajachel

After what seemed like a long wait the parade finally began. Fortunately it was in front of my hotel so I could go in and out of my room while I was waiting.

The parade was in celebration of the "Burn the Devil" Festival . Or a Feast of the Virgin. Or Both? These are supposed to be two famous Soccer Players or something like that. I have no idea who.

After parading for awhile they danced up and down the street.


I am not quite sure what these figures have to do with beating the devil but they were very popular.

There have been firecrackers going off for days and fireworks over the Lake at night.





We had seen the same parade during the day in Solola , up the mountain and in Chichicastenango , an hour or so away. The paraders must be awfully hot under those costumes and tired by now.





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home