Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Butterfly Jacket Class in Ithaca

I just finished teaching the Butterfly Jacket to a great group at the beautiful Quilter's Corner's Quilt Shop in downtown Ithaca. Setting up.



I always encourage students to make strips which become strips of squares from their final fabric selections before they begin designing their jackets.


And almost everyone seems to want to incorporate Seminole Patchwork in their garment.



Auditioning squares of Australian fabric for a jacket back.


And the pale green/red jacket begins to take shape.

The animals are part of the flannel base, not part of the jacket.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home