Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yikes! It Gets Worse- Cleaning the Sewing Room!

I thought the garage was bad. It just gets worse upstairs. I have been pulling fabric out and piling it back in in a haphazard way for months and now its time to straighten it out. I can't even walk in here without the threat of breaking a bone at the very least. There is a full size mannequin in the corner which you can't see in this photo.

And forget about finding anything. This room used to be a spare guest room. There even is a beautiful Simmons sleeper sofa under the fabric somewhere.


And this is the entrance to the "real" sewing room. Pretty sad huh?

My late husband built these shelves for me to hold my fabric. I have long since outgrown them.


On this side I have a Singer Industrial Sewing Machine (below the lamp) and there are stairs going down to the kitchen...decorated with a 30's Grandmothers Garden Quilt and an Alligator Skin. Just the thing for a sewing room...right? And, of course, you couldn't possibly get down the stairs for all the "stuff" on them.



Of course there is a TV/VCR in here to watch while I am working so that I don't have to look at the mess. I have my work cut out for me here don't you think?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth Brandkamp said...

Well, if it is any consolation, except for the window placement, it could be my sewing room. I do have a dvd player as well as the vcr and tv though!!

August 4, 2011 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Kathi said...

once again, I am comforted by the fact your room is "decorated" in my very favorite style...

August 12, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home