Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thumbstall Quilt Show, Skaneateles

I was fortunate to be able to vend at the Thumbstall Quilt Guild Show in Skaneateles last weekend. It was beautiful weather for the most part but hot the first day. I only had a few minutes to go downstairs (it was on two levels) to take a look at the quilts and garments. As usual they had a wonderful collection of over 200 quilts.




As always I had to take a close look at the garments. These are by Barbara Ackley who does fabulous work.













Nancy Bales landscape.


One of Barbara Ackley's quilts.



The vendors were spread out in the cafeteria upstairs. We had air conditioning while the Quilt Show didn't. How nice for us.


There were 12 vendors spread out in this huge space. A nice number for the size of the show.









My booth.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home