Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, July 5, 2010

American Indian Museum, Washington, D.C.

Of course, I was very interested in the displays of clothing. And, as usual, i forgot to write down identification of what I was photographing.





I thought the beadwork and design on this baby carrier was quite special.


At lunchtime there was a display of Bolivian dancing.


After lunch it was time to hit the hot streets again. Temps in the high 90's.


One of my favorite DC buildings is the Canadian Embassy.


There weren't many joggers on the Mall.


The next stop was the Museum of Modern Art which had an interesting exhibit which they wouldn't let me photograph.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home