Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Another Great Sewing Day at Marcia's Studio

I did a miniscule amount of work on the Tibetan vest. Jeannie Barnes joined us and had a jacket which she wanted a pattern developed for. That took a bit of our time and concentration. It was a wonderful loose jacket with a front drape made from a soft sarong or drapey rayon or silk.
I auditioned some fish fabric for possible use in an upcoming challenge.

Nancy Crouch joined us to continue work on her spectacular jacket. Jeannie did an appraisal on my garment from the 2006 Bernina Fashion Show. We had such a good time talking to Jeannie that we really didn't get much work done.



As you can see by the lack of progress of Marcia's jacket.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home