Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go"

Its all in there with room to spare. My travel pillow and blanket (disposable if necessary) a small travel umbrella- disposable (its monsoon season) pajamas, one pair of slacks, two tee shirts, underwear, toiletries, a pile of books which will be discarded along the way, a guide book for India, two dresses, shoes and toys for the little girl in Nepal named after me, a few snacks for the Indian trains, locks, a flashlight (there are lots of power outages in Nepal) and disposable flip flops for the train. And two folded up boxes in case I find anything fragile. A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. And , of course, another suitcase folded up inside for the trip home. I will arrive in New Delhi after a direct flight from Chicago around 8:30 pm and ready for a good nights sleep at this delightful bed and breakfast near the airport. After breakfast her driver will take me back for my flight to Nepal. A bit pricier than I would like but pleasant and safe.
Then its on to the crowded streets of Thamel, the backpacker neighborhood in Kathmandu.


Cars, motorcycles and rickshaws and the occasional cow (its a Hindu country) share the streets with pedestrians. You walk along sort of looking behind you.
And there will be trips across the river to Patan, which used to be its own Kingdom.
And of course Bouda on the outskirts where I used to spend so much time.

To be continued.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home