Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Countryside Outside Chau Doc Vietnam

After the two temples Wol and his two cyclo drivers took us on a long ride around the countryside surrounding Chau Doc. Here are rice fields with houses on stilts because of the annual flooding.
A group of children greeting us.

its always amazing what can be transported on a motorbike.


One lone water buffalo.
And a duck farm.




Sam Mountain in the distance. It has dozens of temples and is a favorite climbing spot...especially to watch the sunsets.

Water buffalo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home