Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bangkok--A Few Neighborhood Views

This is the corner of our street near a sort of square. The view is in front Swenson's, my favorite ice cream parlor.. In the evening there is a street food restaurant here with tables set up in the road. Cars just drive around them. Pizza Company across the street has good pizzas.
The street food always looks wonderful

A night view on Khao San Road. This is the backpacker street just one street over from my hotel. Its a fabulous street to wander around in the evening and see all the "interesting" people. In the evening it is closed to traffic (except for the occasional motorcycle) and you can buy almost "anything" including fake id's. There is also great shopping.



Some of the interesting looking street food includes "critters".


I imagine that it is a good source of protein.

A local broom dealer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home