Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Two Day Jacket/Embellishment Class for at Casowasco

Last week I taught a 2 day Embellishment/Jacket Class for the Tompkins County Quilt Guild at Casowasco Retreat.  The first technique was Seminole Patchwork followed by Seminole embellished with gold thread. 


An advantage at Casowasco is that you can also work all evening.



But we took time out to shop after dinner





The first day they also made fringe on an hairplace lace loom , crunched fabric and mystery fabric.





Day two most people made jackets from patterns or directions I had brought.  This beauty was made from Marimoko fabric.



And a strip of Seminole Patchwork from the first day. 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home