Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On to Bangkok

On to Bangkok and the end of the trip. I like to stay in a hotel near the Chao Phraya River...the so called "River of Kings" . It is an easy, cheap, picturesque way of getting around the city and trying to beat the awful traffic. The Grand Palace and many famous temples are on the River. In the evening most of them are lit and they glow like jewels.
Many apartments and condominiums also edge the River. There are boats at most docks which just go across the River.


And the boats which I take which stop at docks up and down the River for several miles. This was one of a number of markets near the River.

We stopped at a number of small temples.

Two cats taking a nice nap on what turned out to be a very hot day. I have no idea why there were all these little statues.


The famous Marble Temple is built of white Carrara marble and was built in the late 19th Century by Rama V. It is a prime example of modern Thai wat architecture and quite a beautiful building.



Worshipers inside the temple



Doorway to the inside courtyard.

A peaceful moat surrounds the grounds.









Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home